Dell has followed up on its tease from last evening by formally launching the Vostro V13. As hinted, the 13-inch aluminum system is as thick as an Adamo (0.65in) but lighter (3.5 pounds) and should cost much less through its use of Intel's CULV platform: it runs on a 10W Celeron, Core 2 Solo or Core 2 Duo that should give it long battery life, although Dell hasn't given an estimate for its useful uptime.
Expansion is relatively large for the class as the V13 can still fit ExpressCard/34 and 5-in-1 memory card readers on the side as well as one each of Ethernet, eSATA, USB and VGA on the back.
Dell’s ultraportable also sports a built-in 1.3MP web camera with microphone, a single speaker, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Gigabit LAN connections, a standard USB port and an eSATA/USB combo port, an ExpressCard slot, a 5-in-1 media card reader, and a VGA port.
Designed Dell Vostro V13 is :
- Equipped with ultra-low-voltage Intel® (ULV) processors to manage energy efficiency, while providing ample power for everyday computing, and
- Encased in high-quality brushed aluminum with reinforced zinc hinges ready for rough handling.
- Slim, Sleek & Striking : Razor-thin, ultra-light (1.59kg starting weight with a 6-cell battery)) aluminum body and energy-efficient Intel® processors let you travel lightly and in style.
- Designed for Productivity: Enjoy on-the-go productivity with a full-sized keyboard, generous 13.3″ WLED display and full communications suite.
- Ready to Protect: With optional Dell DataSafe online backup and recovery, you get easy, “set & forget” protection for your business data.
Dell Vostro V13 laptop Specification :
- Intel Ultra Low Voltage Processor
- Mobile Intel GS45 Express Chipset ICH9M-Enhanced
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1066 MHz)
- 13.3-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD (1366 x 768) Anti-glare
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD
- Up to 500GB SATA Hard Disk Drive
- Weighing in at 1.59kg (6-cell battery)
- High-quality brushed aluminum surface for durability
- 1.3 Mega pixel webcam,Microphone
- 1 USB 2.0 , 1 USB 2.0/eSATA combo port
- Up to 802.11n wireless module
- BluetoothTM 2.1
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
- Windows 7 operating system
- 5-in-1 card reader
- 34 mm ExpressCard